Monday, October 15, 2018 at 6 PM – 8:30 PM @ Christie’s (London, United Kingdom)
October Late in London celebrates design in all its forms! Wander through the galleries and get up close with show-stopping design pieces from our upcoming auctions, alongside architecture tours, taxidermy and glassmaking talks, Negroni and pasta demonstrations and more – in partnership with THE OUTNET.COM.
– Architect and designer Tommaso Fantoni discusses the masters of Italian Modernism: Borsani, Ponti, Mollino and Scarpa.
– Flamboyant Dutch taxidermists Sinke & Van Tongeren launch their first monograph with a talk and book signing.
– Learn about the history of Italian food and drink, with Negroni- and pasta-making demonstrations from restaurant POLPO.
– Specialist Joy McCall examines unique work by the master glassmaker René Lalique.
– Listen to a talk about the iconic brutalist building The Economist Plaza, now renamed Smithson Plaza, led by architect Deborah Saunt and artistic director Alexander Caspari.
– View works from Design and Thinking Italian Design auctions, on display all evening.
Free entry, nibbles and pay bar