6 PM – 8:30 PM
After hours at Christie’s London for Pimm’s, strawberries and cream, and an array of art talks and activities as we celebrate our summer sales – in partnership with THE OUTNET.COM.
From a retrospective of Sir Quentin Blake’s illustrations to free life-drawing sessions, exhibitions of Pre-Raphaelite paintings and more, there’s a host of art to explore – and we’ll be screening Wimbledon too.
– Ahead of our Quentin Blake charity auction, London-based illustrator Isabella Cotier and specialist Sophie Hopkins discuss how a simple line can bring a story to life.
– Art historian Colin Cruise reveals the intriguing life of the Pre-Raphaelite painter Simeon Solomon.
– Specialist talk on our new exhibition, Sacred Noise, with Post-War and Contemporary Art specialist Cristian Albu and Italian Renaissance expert and independent curator Dr. Jennifer Sliwka.
– Join a quick-fire life-drawing session with artist Daniel Preece.
– Watch a screening of Wimbledon, complete with complimentary strawberries and cream.
– Hear an expedition leader from Ponant Cruises discuss their fascinating journeys to the Arctic and Antarctica.
– Wander through the galleries and view highlights from our summer sales, including Science and Natural History, Valuable Books & Manuscripts, Victorian and 19th Century Pictures and Edition Gerd Hatje by Hatje Cantz Contemporary Editions.
Free entry, nibbles and pay bar